proVidha© is the core process execution engine. This is the process container where several automated business processes may be run. The engine reads the process and partner service definitions from the BPEL and WSDL files. Several different business processes can simultaneously be run in proVidha© supports all WS-BPEL1.1 activities thereby allowing simultaneous, sequential, conditionals, nested and several other complex process patterns.
Every instance of every process will be tracked. People and systems that interact with proVidha© need not have any process intelligence. Process changes / fine-tuning can be seamless and smooth. Process exceptions can be caught and compensating activities triggered automatically.
proVidha© comes in two flavors. One as standalone software that doesn’t require any middleware application server and another that works with a J2EE middleware server. The J2EE middleware based version piggybacks on the J2EE enterprise scalability features. On the other hand, the standalone version has a small footprint with little dependencies on other infrastructure software, enhancing the load capacity of every instance of the process engine. While proVidha© is architect for enterprise scalability, the standalone version can cater to small and medium businesses.
Process Orchestration: orchestrating messages across different systems and people as per the process definition runs a process instance. The process layer here integrates diverse systems and people. The process model defines the rules of the orchestration. Messages are received and sent from and to partner services as per the defined WSDL service interfaces.
First part of each product name “pro” refers to process, and the second part Vidha means Direct in Sanskrit, classical language of South Asia.
Deployment Application Features
- User-friendly application
- Mapping of logical to physical addresses.
- Deploying web services in web services platform (Axis).
- Automates creation and setting up of proxy and stub classes in the engine for each service defined in wsdl files.
Partner Interface Manager Application Features
- Enables partner administrators to configure and deploy partner adapters for process-partner interactions through forms, e-mails, database etc
- Support forms, e-mail, database, and file and application adapters.
- Setup adapter type for each partner.
- Adapter type specific configuration (Such as mail boxes, their addresses for e-mail adapter, etc).
- Support synchronous and asynchronous adapters in each type.
- File based configuration
- BPEL 1.1 support
- Activity set: Invoke, Receive, Reply, Event Handler, Message Events, Alarm Events, Sequence, Flow, Switch, While, Wait, Scope, Assign, Throw, Pick, Compensate, Empty, Fault Handler, Terminate
- Synchronization: Links, Activity Transition Condition, Activity Join Condition, Suppress Join Failure, Dead Path Elimination, Links across activity boundaries.
- Expressions: Properties, Xpath 1.0 expressions, Boolean expressions, Dead-line valued expressions, Duration valued expressions, General expressions
- BPEL Public Process (features derived from BPEL specifications with respect to partner – process conversations)
- WSDL Definitions: Message definitions, Port type definitions, Message exceptions
- BPEL Extensions: Message properties, Correlation sets, Message correlation, Partner links, End-point reference.
- Process deployment and administration interface
- Process control interface
- Process monitoring interface
- Partner services interface
- Process state persistence
- Process state persistence
- Runtime context persistence
- Audit log
- Execution trace
- Concurrent instances
- Concurrent activities
- Multiple process types
- Simultaneous deployment of multiple process types
- Fine grained deployment and control of distinct process types and instances
- BPEL standards Support ensures Investment protection and Technology risk mitigation
- Multi-level deployment hierarchy facilitates Enterprise level Scalability with ease of administration and monitoring
- Long running processes with resource optimization
- Process state can be recovered from shut down or system crash thus providing forward recovery capability
- Seamless integration with ad-hoc processes – Process owner gets the Visibility into both structured and ad-hoc activities
- Process execution trace (Event & activity trace) – Enables auditing & Trouble shooting
- Rule Engine integration – Increases the capability to adapt to dynamic business needs with minimal turn around time
- Business Activity Monitoring – Facilitates external BAM application to receive BAM events for process performance analysis and optimization
- Business Data Taps – Enables process specific multi dimensional business reports
- Extensible architecture through well defined interfaces – Facilitates graceful integration into third party middleware, applications and tools
- Java SE and EE versions – Aligns with Small, medium, and Large Enterprise needs with respect to cost and scalability