proGhata© enables business analyst to model business processes through visual notations, deploy it and validate the models through form based user interface. It supports WS-BPEL 1.1 specifications. The tool allows users to model business processes and automatically generate BPEL code that can be executed by a BPEL engine. With proGhata©, process modeling will be in the hands of domain experts rather than technology experts. Business analysts who are domain experts would model processes instead of software engineers. Process modeling is by a user friendly and intuitive pictorial diagramming.
Merit’s BEM software allows modeling businesses in terms of common entities such as organization structure, core business processes, process activities and flow, functional departments, roles specific to departments, user groups (teams) association with departments, Information security levels and so on. It provides for definition of business events that need to be tracked at various levels.
First part of each product name “pro” refers to process, and the second part Ghata means Assemblage in Sanskrit, classical language of South Asia.
The Business Process Modeler articulates business processes and associated workflows in a structured manner and ensures development and representation of business process models at an organization-wide level.
- BPEL 1.1 support
- Extended features to fully leverage BPEL capabilities (such as public process model, links etc)
- Supports direct BPEL modeling using visual notations
- Process diagram repository management
- Portable XML format for saving and retrieving the visual process diagrams
- Automatically generates BPEL schema compliant XML (private process) and WSDL schema compliant service definition files
- Light weight execution engine and deployment application to deploy and validate the models through manual inputs and outputs
- Simple forms based user interface for process and partner interactions
- Flexible Business Modeling Facility – define service lines, processes, activities, user groups and security levels to suit your organization. Freedom to model public and private parts independently based on his/her comfort and clarity.
- Personalization – filter results, access data, following company information security policies.
- Automatic mapping to BPEL and WSDL with static constraints check – enables user to generate BPEL and WSDL models ready for deployment.
- Easy installation and implementation features– Modeling and configuration wizards guide you through message definitions, alert configuration and the definition of analytical reports you wish to see.
- Cost and effort savings– reusable private process, public process and message templates.
- Better Process Performance Management– Milestones and Delay modeling, Service-oriented architecture ensures optimal opportunities for performance improvements.
- Unique role based reporting capabilities for near-time analytics display – Track real time business critical data with Web-based reports. Provides immediate notification of alerts to help team stay on same page.
- Drill-down capability to details on any business event/ Indicator – Helps you see a potential problem in service backlog and determine the underlying cause.
- Authorization and authentication mechanisms – Provide user-defined access based on roles assigned to different personnel.
- Analyst friendly and intuitive Drag and drop modeling tool allows business decision makers to easily manage the complexity of various processes.
- Documentation & ease of review– Simple tests for process flow using form based inputs- Form based testing with a light- weight process engine, Gracefully extend to support other modeling notations.